Time Flies...

Time flies when you are having fun, well even when you aren't! Anyways, it sure has been a while since my last post, we have been pretty busy lately, and since the weather is B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L we have been spending much needed time outdoors.
So the month of May started with my Husband being home with us. However, the first week was a bit of a gong show as he was sick. However, he did do some of the backsplash in the kitchen, which looks fab. (I will post a picture later). Then I headed over the border to do some state side shopping with a wonderful friend. This was long anticipated and turned out to be a fabulous trip! I left Owen with his dad, and had no fears.. Well, I did a bit, but every mother would... I did leave him a list of feedings, and such.. I, however, did struggle, the first night away. I believe I had what they call, separation anxiety... Yup, that is sure what it was..... I barely slept. I was hoping this trip would allow me to have a full nights sleep, one in which I have not had in over a year, however, it was quite the opposite. Did some fantastic shopping, got some great deals, my most fave. deal was a quilt that I scored at the pottery barn outlet, for Owie's big boy bed, it is the very hungry caterpillar. Regular price $200, on sale for $79. Yup, score! Owen is so gonna love it, Well he better anyways (or I am in big trouble).....


We have been going to the YMCA about 3-4 times a week, Owen goes to the "play care" and loves it, and then we go swimming in the pool, 1 or 2 times a week. He just LOVES that! I even dunked him under a few times, and he handled it like a champ, however, 2 elderly women did not handle it as well, and did share their opinions with me on what they thought. I just smiled. 


We have gone for picnics, spent afternoons outside on the porch, even today the weather was so fabulous, Owen spent a bit of time in his little blow up pool. He LOVED it.
It is so great that the warm weather is here, well except for the fact that my hormones are still going crazy and I am over heating like a crazy mad woman, however, Owen is lovin' it.






















I had my first mother's day, and it was great. We spent the day together and I got a few gifts, and then had lobster and bbq'd steak for dinner. Fabulous!!


Owen will be 9 months this upcoming week. Seriously, time flies. He has 7 teeth, one on the way, he is moving around like no tomorrow, he babbles so much, and is just a delight to have in my life. 


I have a week and a half before I return to work.......


xo

Comments

Popular Posts