A Special Visit

A year ago today, my sister lost her long hard battle to cancer. 
I really do miss her.
I am so thankful though that her struggles are over and that she is in a much better place now.
It makes me sad also knowing that she did not get the chance to meet Owen. I know she would have just LOVED him. I remember the last time that I did see her alive in the hospital, she was sooo happy and excited to see my ever growing belly. She just rubbed and rubbed and rubbed it, something which I did not let people do..


Today I decided to take Owie to the cemetery. I had only been there once, the day that they buried her ashes.. It is remarkable how some things go, and this I believe is not a "coincidence". When I left Guelph, it was cloudy overcast. As I got closer to our destination, it got sunnier and brighter... When I got to the cemetery I really had no clue where to go, have you not stopped and taken a look at one before??? Man oh man, and this is a smaller one... Anyways I seriously just let my heart guide me, and we found her little plot, it did take a few minutes, but we arrived sun shining, and wind blowing! Fabulous....




 Owie and I sat there for a little bit. I let Owie know what we were doing, he was just pretty interested in a branch that he found on the ground.....




We stayed for a bit, but decided to leave a little earlier than expected because there was a funeral that was about to begin, and families need a little respect and privacy.











I love you Auntie Christine.... My Mama tells me all about you...
No word of a lie..... As we left, it started to cloud over. As I got onto the main road, it started to rain....

I miss you Christine...... 
xo

Comments

JILL said…
She was truly looking down on you two today during your visit. How amazing! I love you very much. xo
nina said…
It's so remarkable to know that your sister's loving spirit - in knowing you were thinking so profoundly about her as you drove into the cemetery that the clouds parted and the clear blue was there for you and Owen - but just for your visit.
I so look forward to meeting your son.
Nina

Popular Posts