Two

He is two. My baby boy is two. Yes this is going to be one of those posts.....

So I have really struggled with the fact that he is two. I know it is totally inevitable and we all age, however, it really makes me sad. I was not sad last year, well not like this anyways. He is growing up, he is becoming so much more independent- and I am extremely proud of that, but it is going a little too fast.   The sadness is not because I don't have a baby anymore, the sadness is that HE is not a baby anymore. I have absolutely no desire for another child, for so many different reasons, so I definitely do not have the baby itch.... People always tell you that the time goes really fast so enjoy it, and yes, that is what I am doing. Right now my time is for him- I know when he is older I will get some of my time back (I wont have to constantly sit on the floor playing with him, I wont have to lay on his bedroom floor until he falls asleep) I know later there will be other things, but for right now, I really don't want to miss a minute- mind you I still offer opportunities for him to build his independence.

Well my rambling is not the purpose of this post... It is to highlight Owen's Second Birthday!  We had a few different days of celebrations--- You can never celebrate a person's precious life too many times!!! We were surrounded by loved ones and I know Owen enjoyed each and every minute of it...

He doesn't look so sad about it!!


xo

Comments

Popular Posts