Let it Go

There are many many things that being a mom has taught me, I could probably go one all night, and he is only two and a half!!!  But the one thing motherhood has taught me (well is continuing to teach me) is to let it go

I remember being in university and my dear dear friend (one I miss ever so much) had herself a boy. I remember being with her one time and he was eating peanut butter on toast/bread, it fell on the floor. I remember saying that I could not friggin deal with that, and my child would never eat that…. I am not an OCD cleanliness person, but somethings like that, really get to me.

I often catch myself nickering-- Yes, that is a word I will use right now, No idea what it means, but it sounds good….   Anyways, often I find myself nickering about stupid stuff, "be careful, you are going to spill" "be careful sliding down the stairs" "be careful.. be careful, be careful"   Also another top line-- "oh, I don't think that is a good idea" "ohhh, no thanks"  Ohhh Ohhh Ohhh.. It friggin drives me nuts the crap that comes out of my own mouth at times…..  I have a two and a half year old who is discovering the world, exploring and testing and that is what he is supposed to be doing….. And today I let him…….Even though it took every ounce in me to allow this to happen I did……





I let it go…..

xo

Comments

Jinny said…
This is so typically little boy!!
He is having such a good time--good for you for letting him go at it. Of course, clean-up probably took some doing. You and Andrew are such great parents to my little Lubby.

Love Grammy

Popular Posts