37 Weeks!!!!

Well my 37th week of pregnancy did not start off too well. We received a call from my mom letting me know that my dad was currently being transported to St. Mike's Hospital in Toronto because he was having a Brain Bleed.  Details were pretty foggy and especially when things are being passed along from one person to another.
 I did get a call from a Neurosurgeon that afternoon so that I could give verbal consent for them to do a procedure on my father. Talk about a wee little bit of stress......  Anyways the Dr. filled me in a little bit and they needed to look for an aneurysm. They type of bleed that he had indicated that it was more aneurysm like than anything else. Long story short, they still to this day, have not found the source of the bleed. He is stable, but there are things now that they need to watch for (stroke, clots etc etc).  My father also struggles with mental health issues, so that just makes the whole situation more complex. He is seriously agitated and is continuously being sedated because of this.    It is a no win situation. I know that he is in the best care he possibly can be in. He is in the Neuro-Trauma ICU, and has a nurse 1:1, 24 hours a day. 
I had asked the neurologist what we should do, if we should come down or not, he suggested that he just contact me by phone and we wait a few days to see what is going on. 


On Wed. I had appointment with the OB. Everything looks good and he just kept saying You have a big baby in there!!!!   So, not having a plan really, I am to book an ultrasound on the 18th or 19th for a final growth scan and check, and then we will discuss options.....  
I let him know about my dad's situation and he suggested that I do in fact go see him, and really if anything happened, I would be in the right spot!!!!!  


We went to see my dad Thursday afternoon. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but nonetheless, it was very difficult to see him. He was in and out of consciousness, and he knew we were there, but I am not too sure how much stuck with him. At times when he did wake, he was agitated, and we tried to calm him down, sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. He had a great nurse working that day, so we chatted a bit with her. 


When we left, I said to Andrew that we had to come back tomorrow. So we came back Friday and then spent some time with him on Saturday as well. Saturday was great, he was really with it, knew who we were, was asking questions about how he got there and what happened and such. He was fairly tired so he kept falling asleep but came to it and talked some more.


Leaving the hospital that day I was very comfortable and happy, there was great improvement......  But sometimes that does not always last long.  


Andrew and I stopped off at his mom's place on the way home, I went for a swim, then we headed home. Very exhausting past week........







"Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. Love still stands when all else has fallen"

Comments

Popular Posts