May Adventures

Wow!  The month of May has been pretty crazy busy!  With the beautiful weather here we have been out and about!  Many trips to the park, many different adventures-- in all aspects of our lives!

We are currently having our deck built for us. We have been here for 6 years- MAN OH MAN!  Where does the time go?! I am absolutely pumped about this. We live on a fairly busy street so being in the front is not really appropriate for Owen, so deck and fence it is this year!

Owen just adores the nice beautiful weather-- he wants to be out and about ALL.THE.TIME!  Which I am glad-- but sometimes, you know, sometimes, I do wanna just lay in bed and cuddle!!! haha.

I know and appreciate that we have a rich life. And I am glad that we are able to give opportunities and experiences to Owen. I know him being young as he is, he is not going to remember anything really, but it is really adding to his development.  I am not talking about taking him here and there and every where else, I am just talking about being in the right frame of mind and knowing that our boy is learning tremendously so we are keen on getting him out and about.

At the beginning of May we spent a lot of time at a local park! Owen also had his very first trip in the bike trailer, and I think I can say that he loved it!!!  It took us quite sometime to get him to wear his helmet, But I will thank my profession for knowing how to get him "in the groove"
We did buy his helmet months ago and we kept in in the living room where all of his toys were. About every day we would put it on him, he would fight it, but we would always just try. When he wanted to ride the tricycle in the living room or ride the horse, we made it a rule that he HAD to wear his helmet- Well, needless to say he started avoiding those two items!   But as time went on, he would leave the helmet on a tiny bit longer, even if it was 10 seconds longer, it was still longer than the last time!
The one morning while he was playing in the house, he decided that he wanted to wear his helmet-- and he did this a few times!!!  and then... When it was time for him to actually NEED to wear his helmet-SUCCESS!  

Over Mother's day weekend, Owen and I headed up North to visit with my mom. This was his first experience on a little train--- and boy did he ever love it!!!

 There are a few things that Owen just loves right now-- busses, rocks, trains, tractors, and animals- dogs for sure!!! He sure is a BOY!


We visited a few different parks, and he just LOVES getting right in and playing and loves watching the other kids and sometimes tries to get involved a bit!!



I know he is my child and I am partial, but I truly think he is just absolutely incredible!  He has such a personality as well!!!!  As I watch him grow and become more "Owen" it just fills my heart even more, even when I think there is no space left!!!!!

He is such a JOY to be around!


We did also visit the Donkey Sanctuary.
That was absolutely fabulous!!!!!  Loved it there! Will definitely be going back- and of course one was adopted into the family--- nothing like another ass to join us!!!!



xo

Comments

Popular Posts