Life Lessons With O

Toddlers--- The most unique, wonderful, yet Bizarre creatures on this planet! One minute happy, one minute angry!! You can't please them even when you are making a total arse out of yourself!!!!
My boy has taught me many many things in such the short time he has been here, a boy do I have a lot to learn.

We were at an all adult function in June, I was unsure how this was going to turn out, is he going to be quiet when it is the most appropriate time to quiet, or will he decide to flip- as the wind blows a different direction?? Anyways for a little wee guy having to sit and be quiet and everything else, he did GREAT!!!!!  Incredible I must say.

There was a time when he did decide he wanted to show the world his true colours, it was an "I wanna do what I wanna do, but I dont understand that there is a risk to my safety and momma won't let me"
There was a little pond and he wanted to continuously run over to it and lean over and try to put his hand in.. I guess momma said no one too many times and then it happened.

He started screeching, screaming and then crying..... Looking at me saying "no mommy no" and then threw himself to the ground. Started kicking and screeching even louder.  Of course what could I do, just stand there and smile -- they all should know that this is out of my hands completely-- the toddler does what the toddler does........

Then all of a sudden, it stopped, something, whatever it was, something distracted him--- Thank heavens! And of course- This is when I got the camera ready.......


 And there it was.... A little tiny green clover... This is what stopped it all... This is what made the world a much better place right at that moment.... This is all it took.

The Awe that was on his face, the intense interest he had in this little piece of nature, nothing else in the world mattered at this moment except for this little amazing clover. This little clover which many have stepped on and not noticed-- but he did.

No matter how many times you are told no, no matter how many times you don't get your way (for whatever reason), no matter how horrible the world may seem to you at one particular moment, There is always something amazing to be found.

xo

Comments

Popular Posts