My Roots

I headed home this past weekend for a long overdue visit. I was not in the "best" spirits as I had just had a root canal done, but I still needed to go home to visit.


There is something very comforting for me going for a visit, all the while being totally stressed out. I don't think that I am alone in saying that I get stressed out when I visit my family, I think this is quite common for many (well at least many who are in my life!)

With all the stress, and all the "mom, this is how I really think you should be living your life, mom, this is... mom, that is....." it is hard for me sometimes to step back and just be a "visitor". I have come a long way with that being said...  We often think that OUR way of living life is the best way, the right way, when really it is not the ONLY way.

I have been thinking about the comfort I feel all the while being stressed...  (Oxymoron? I sure do think!)

I have been able to pin point it down to "sameness"  "unchanging"  "predictable" not necessarily consistency, and definitely not stability, as those terms mean slightly other things, but Sameness sums it up quite nicely.

In our lives where there is constant change it is always nice to be able to rely on some sort of "sameness" and for me it is going home for a visit.

Even though I may seem like a nag at times (I know, sad but true),    

THANK YOU MOM FOR NOT EVER CHANGING!!!




"It is important to remember where you come from and celebrate it. To remember where you come from is part of where you are and where you are going."

Comments

Popular Posts