A Weekend Home

This past weekend Owie and I headed home. We brought daddy with us, but dropped him off in the middle of no where, so that he could go camping up in Algonquin park for the weekend while we were busy visiting. (Well it was not actually in the middle of nowhere, we were actually in Huntsville.. Where you ask?! Check it out!

Our trip up was more eventful than I typically like them... Traffic was silly busy, I was not feeling well, Owen was crying, moodiness was travelling with us, and people who LOVE slamming on their breaks while going between 100-120km/hr. Yes, we just I mean JUST about kissed the ass end of the vehicle in front of us. I may have seen my life flash before my eyes.....

So when I got to North Bay, I can honestly say that I was not necessarily in the best of spirits, but I was able to get past that. Mom was out when I got there, and to my surprise, her and my dad were out doing a few groceries. I love this. Seriously, my parents are not together, nor have they been for over 30 years, but my mom helps him out all the time. I really Love this and appreciate it. It is great seeing both my parents interact with Owen and during those times, nothing else really matters to them. My dad struggles interacting with Owen, but then again, if you are never around babies what do you say to an almost 11 month old (OMG!!!! YES, that is tomorrow!!!!). It makes me giggle.

The time spent was great, short and sweet! But I think that is the best really with any visit....
Friday night after dinner, Owie and I drove my dad home then we went for a walk on the waterfront. I have to say, this is one of the few things I do honestly miss...... You will be able to see why..














It is lovely, and I am glad I was able to get a few shots!

Saturday turned out to be pretty fantastic!! I did have a pretty big let down, but as we have all faced let downs in our lives, I got over it.. But regardless, I had a really fantastic visit with a really fantastic person! An old friend from high school!!!!! We spent a few hours in the afternoon in her toy room while our boys played together (well, Owen did not play really, he just ate everything!!!!)
It was fabulous to connect, and will be fabulous to stay connected and rebuild a wonderful friendship that once was!!!!

Everything happens for a reason!

xo

Comments

Popular Posts