In One Year

I have to be honest here, I don't know everything. It is true, I am sorry to disappoint, but the truth is out.
This past year has been such a HUGE learning experience and it continues each and every single day.

In December I wrote a post on what I've learned so far, and I would like to do something similar now, as it has been ONE WHOLE YEAR! (still blows my mind)...

1. You have absolutely no clue what you are doing.
2. You do forget things, and honestly you continue to forget things, and I strongly believe that this will never change....
3. You are tired all the time. Even if you do get a full nights sleep (on rare occasion) you are still utterly exhausted.
4. Everybody wants to know your child's name--- Honestly no clue really....  Sometimes I feel like answering some ridiculous name just to see reaction....... Maybe next time I will say Horace?! 
5. Even if you have never had a panic attack in the past, the first year is full of them. (maybe about 5 or 6 so far)
6. It truly is too tough to drop off your child at daycare the first few days, make daddy do it, then you'll be great!
7. Returning back to work is ONLY successful as long as you love your job!
8. It is horrible when your child is sick, and there is really nothing you can do for them... Horrible..
9. You lose patience with certain things/certain people. It just happens...
10. You pray to the big guy that you never get sick.
11. You talk silly talk to your baby a little too loud, and a little too much when you are out in public.
12. You want to go and hold other people's crying babies when you are out and about (well I do anyways..)
13. You want to show your babe the whole world RIGHT NOW, but remember that he is only a babe.
14. Some mornings you may need to change your shirt, 1, 2 or maybe even 3 TIMES before leaving for work.
15. You may feel the need to be a little pissy towards your neighbours 
16. You end up arguing with your spouse over the silliest things.
17. You get SOO excited at the end of the day to go and pick your little guy up.
18. You cry when you see him do something new. 
19. You cry a lot
20. You may cry even more than a lot.
21. Hormones may still be a muck, after a year.
22. It is hard not to compare your child to others. It really is. I like to see other kids around Owen's age so that I can see what they are like, but I always remind myself that he is who he is. And that is absolutely wonderful!
23. It is difficult to find balance. It truly is... Being a mom, doing mom things, being a wife, doing wife things, being a friend, doing friend things, and being me, doing my things. Not like there is not enough time during the day, because there truly is, it is about making the choices. Do I sweep the floor, or hang out on the floor, Do I take 20 minutes and go craft? umm what if I miss something?! You know... It truly is difficult.
24. You take too many pictures...
25. You spend too much money
26. You Love like you have never loved before.

We are so totally fortunate to have had such an incredible year! 
Here's to many many more!!

xo

Comments

Popular Posts