Tiny First Steps

I honestly can not believe how much I am in love with my little man. Seriously I had no idea this love was even possible. Yes I love my husband like there is no tomorrow, but there is something totally different with a mama's love for her child.

Everyday I watch him grow into himself. He is full of personality, he knows EXACTLY what he wants (a nice way to say we are going to be up for some challenges!!), he is eager to learn and is just overall fantastic!!

Even when I am tired, and a little annoyed (just at life mostly) I always want to spend time with him. I do not want to miss ANYTHING... However, as life has it, I will miss somethings....

So today when I picked him up from daycare, in his daily journal it stated that "Owen had a great time practising his walking, He even took a few steps unaided"   UMMMMM WHAT??!!!  How do I contain that excitement and the wee bit of disappointment that this did not happen with me! We know that it has been in progress, and we know it will only be a short time until he is bombing around, But I WANTED TO BE A PART OF THAT FIRST!!  I know that majority of his bigger milestones now will probably more than likely happen at daycare, and I knew that when signing him up, but still... You know?!
He did show me how he can take a few steps on his own when we got home, and it was absolutely fantastic!!!  He was so proud of himself and was even more proud when he knew how proud I was of him!!!  Just incredible.

He had started a few weeks ago, letting go of whatever he is holding onto to stand on his own for a few short seconds. Those few short seconds have recently gotten longer... He walks assisted so much stronger and Loves it....




It will now only be a matter of time when his confidence is high enough that he can let go of mama's hand and do it all on his own.
*sigh*

xo

Comments

Popular Posts