Unconditional

There are many things that I have learned over the past few years that have changed who I am a little bit. Somethings have made me stronger, somethings maybe not so much, and somethings I believe that have made me a better person. Ever since Owen has entered into my life, each and everyday I try so hard to be just like him.  I really do..... There is something to say about the innocence of a baby, and his love for his mama.

Every single day, I wake up, most days in a great mood, however, as we are all human, sometimes that does not happen, I wake up in a funk. Once I am aware of being in a funk--- then soo many funky things start to happen: running late, clothes don't fit, stub your toe, etc etc etc. After 20 minutes of being awake you end up totally hating yourself. (Not really a good or healthy state of mind).

In our day to day interactions we compliment others, treat others with respect and dignity yet have a hard time doing that for ourselves. It is so easy to look in the mirror and pick out each and every flaw that is visible to the seeing eye, then we can easily look internally and pick apart every weakness, every quality that we do not like about ourselves, yet it is so hard to look at yourself and say "Hey, you're lookin hot today!"  "What a great ass you have". I can probably spend the day talking about my faults, the things I do not like about myself, yet I pretend that I am strong confident and full of love for myself, which in fact is where I struggle the most.

Every single day, In the morning, my buba wakes up crying, every single morning I go into his room to get him, he stops crying, most times he has a smile on his face, despite my monster breath, my messy hair, my unmatched pyjamas.

Every single day he looks for my approval, my guidance, my love, my security, my comfort, my acknowledgement,  my everything, despite me being about 90lbs overweight, despite my hair thinning, despite all of my insecurities I have about myself, my relationships, and life. Each and every day when I pick him up at the end of the day, his face lights up, he gets the biggest smile, and he just super speed  crawls right over to me and wraps his arms around me. I am the absolute best thing in his life-----There is no judgement, and absolutely no hesitation, despite all the flaws that I see, he sees NONE of them!!  One day, he will see that I do have flaws, but they are not going to be the ones that I think matter so much.

Owen's love for his mama is 100% pure. That is right, there is not much left in our world that is PURE, but a baby's love for his mama sure is. I strive each and every day for have a more PURE love for myself and for those in my life.

I believe this is called Unconditional Love......


Comments

Momma Cheryl said…
Now my dear you are just learning about Momma Unconditional love. It grows stronger with each passing day and soon Owen will be entering Kindergarten and graduating From High School. Time goes so quickly but a Mothers love just get stronger and stronger.

Popular Posts