18 Weeks!!!!!

Well I am just nearing the end of my 18 weeks... I seriously cannot believe it!!! In 4 more sleeps (just like counting down for Christmas) we have our next ultrasound appointment!!!!!  Hooray!!!  This is when we HOPEFULLY  (Fingers crossed everyone) find out the gender of Squirt!  It is kind of funny, I was talking with my dad the other night and he mentioned something about my daughter... I was like HUH?!  He said well I know you are having a girl.... A dear friend from high school states that she firmly believes that it is a girl....  I am personally rooting for one (I think Andrew is as well), but to be totally honest, it doesn't matter to me at all.....  Boy or girl, just please have one set of genitals.   


This week has been pretty decent (in the events of pregnancy) however sometimes OTHER parts of life seem to interfere.........   Pregnancy this week: pretty much the same as the past weeks... My stomach is definitely getting bigger, it is getting harder and harder each morning to get out of bed.. Lord help me come August!!!!  I feel decent though... So that is great...
I am feeling something.....  Not too sure what it is exactly, however, it is limited to what it can be right?!@   


This week a few AHA! moments occurred.  I was reminded how some people are pure genuine caring people who put other's first, but I was also reminded that there is the other side of the coin in which some people are completely self centred, very selfish, and not concerned about other's feelings... It is sad to think in our world and especially these days that there are still people out there who cannot see past themselves. I guess that is what makes us all unique??? not too sure.... 


 Anyways, let me focus a bit more on the "pure genuine caring people" I mentioned above....
I found out this week that there are 2 wonderful ladies in my sister's life who have decided to hold a benefit day in honour of my sister and her family. This is going to be held in a few weeks and it is a family fun day and family skate day with NUMEROUS Fun and exciting things for everyone to do. There are going to be draws/raffles/50-50, bake sale, etc etc.. With all proceeds  going into a trust fund for the kids.   This really totally blew me away. It brought tears to my eyes to think that these two ladies would take on this incredible task all for the sake of someone else....  Kuddos to them!    I contacted her and let her know how fabulous I thought she was and thanked her for doing this. I also asked how I could contribute and to let me know of anything that I could do.....  I am very humbled by this complete act of generosity!


Here is to you my courageous sister, fighting for your life everyday..........

(kind of puts things in perspective huh?!)



"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others"

Comments

Popular Posts