It's the little things that mean the most.......

A few weeks ago we headed up North for the first time with Owen. The trip was fantastic, he slept pretty much the whole time both ways and was on his best behaviour..
The purpose of our trip was yes to visit but my mom was hosting a "Meet Owen/Baby shower" that she has wanted to do for some time now. It was absolutely fantastic.
I saw family who I had not seen in such a LONG time, I saw an old friend and reconnected, (Which is FABULOUS!!) and my God Mother was there whom I have not seen since I was a little kid. It was incredible, emotions were high!! (plus remember I am still a bit unstable) well maybe I always will be?!@


Anyways, the whole purpose of this post is really to talk about the Basket. Yup. A basket that made me break down and cry........


My mom had gone all out super crazy and filled this HUGE basket with various different items for Owen. It was definitely much too much, but GREATLY appreciated.


This basket is fantastic. It is Huge, it is going to come in super handy for sure..... I am going to use it for a photo prop and also to hold Owen's toys/stuffies....  But I also am going to hold it close to my heart....


My mom keeps things, I would call her a hoarder for sure.. But this one item she kept, I am now grateful for. She kept my old bridesmaid dress that I wore at my sister's wedding. She had a lady friend (who is extra talented) line the basket with the material from the dress.......







I did make a change to the basket, there was ribbon tied along the handle and dangling around the edge and I cut it off as the cats were having quite the hay day with it. 




I really do miss her..... xoxox





Comments

JILL said…
Absolutely precious! xo Love you Mandi.

Popular Posts