Job ~vs~ Privilege

So I have been thinking about this for a bit now.. I have mentioned many times how raising my boy is now my job. This is what I have to do, and I hope to do it well... But as I honestly think about it, this is not a job, this is actually a privilege that I have this opportunity. It is actually a shame for me to even consider it a job!  We worked so hard to have this little man, that I should feel privileged to have the opportunity to be in this position..... It is a true blessing. Not everyone is able to be in my position, and I have to remember that ALWAYS.


A sad story, I do not know this lady personally but we are on the same forum group (online) she as well has PCOS so has struggled with fertility for a while as well. She did get pregnant, and did carry to term, however her little man had a condition (I can not recall the name of it) in which he would not make it. She went into labour, and birthed a beautiful baby boy, who unfortunately only lived for 15 min........  http://justbreathebenjamin.wordpress.com   Take a read if you would like... But just be warned, you will not have a dry eye........


I am extremely grateful and feel completely privileged and blessed to be able to say that I am a "mom".....


Does this look like a job to you??



Comments

Popular Posts