In a time of Need!!!!

So we don't watch TV, we don't get the newspaper, or listen to the radio at home. However, I read the local paper online and do listen to the radio in the truck sometimes, just so that I have a wee little bit of awareness that is going on in our community... I am glad I do...


I came across this in the paper the other day, and it really got to me.... I do not know this family, but I certainly do feel for them. They had a house fire, a mom and her two children, I believe lost most things in the fire...  Mom is also pregnant due in the next few weeks..... With Christmas approaching, what a horrible time to be faced with tragedy... Obviously there is never a GOOD time to be faced with tragedy, but definitely not when you are about to have a baby and Christmas is right around the corner.


http://www.guelphmercury.com/news/local/article/630665--donations-sought-to-benefit-guelph-family-suffering-after-house-fire




When I read the article I had such sadness in my heart, I said to Andrew that we had to do something...  So far I have put a box together that I have of random baby items, I would like to get some groceries, grocery card, and maybe an outfit or two for the children.  I will also check around the house what we don't ned or have not been using......  I really hope that the community can pull together for this family in such a time of need...


One can have so many thoughts about this situation, how it could have been avoided,  maybe questions about insurance, and or lack of, etc etc, but really it does not matter as the family is currently in a situation and they need assistance. I say, if you can, help out!  I certainly hope in the season of "giving" that people will be generous....



Comments

Popular Posts