Traditions

With the upcoming holiday season, I have been thinking quite a bit about traditions and how I would really like to start some holiday traditions unique to our family.
My girlfriend asked if I was going to do the whole Santa thing, and of course I am, I think it would be so sad to not have the idea of Santa in a child's life. I know that when he does get older he will be let down, but WE ALL were let down the day we found out "Santa" did not actually come down the chimney and leave us gifts.


I forget exactly where I came across this idea, but I thought it was fabulous. We will start this next year for Christmas. Little man will get 4 things from us for Christmas:
                                      1 thing he wants
                                      1 thing he needs
                                      1 thing to wear
                                                and
                                      1 thing to read
Santa will bring him a few other items, but from us, this is what we are going to do.


I was able to have a girls day a few weeks ago, I went out shopping for the day with a wonderful friend.  At one of our favourite places to go, we came across this fantastic little thing.......... A little mailbox....  This is where Owie is going to leave his little letter to Santa each year, and Santa will write him back and leave him a little treat each Christmas Eve.....  Ohhh I am getting so excited for this!!!!!!!!
 I still remember the butterflies in my stomach, the excitement of Christmas and thoughts of Santa. Still to this day there is still magic in Christmas and I am pretty pumped to start some new traditions. 


This year for Christmas I got Owie 2 items, a set of mini books and a pretty cool shape sorter. Andrew and I are also going to buy him a puppet that I am obsessing over, but that is it. Maybe    a box of diapers???  He is going to be 4 months once Christmas comes around.. It will be fantastic as it will be his first Christmas, but I honestly can't wait until next year when he will be older and it will be more "exciting" for him........  I know I know, enjoy every moment, and do not rush anything............

Comments

Popular Posts