Celebrations

What a fantastic holiday season this has been!  Today we finished our celebrations, (well last night actually) but then we had some company today!

It has been fabulous, we had numerous family get togethers and a few get togethers with some friends.
It sure has been busy, however, it has not been as busy as it has been in the past. I did not feel stressed really this holiday... Usually I do, I find myself scrambling at the last minute preparing things, packing, rushing, but not this year. I felt pretty chill.. The only thing I did not get to was sending out Christmas cards, but next year!!!

 We did things a little different this year, and I really did enjoy it!  Christmas Eve was spent with a fabulous friend and her daughter, Andrew cooked up a batch of Chilli and we had dinner and then walked downtown to watch the skaters!  It was incredible! There is an ice skating rink set up where they have the splash pad in the summer, there were lights and Christmas music playing!  It was such a great atmosphere. I think we should do this every year until Owen can skate, and then we can go skating Christmas Eve.

I did not really want to teach Owen how to skate as I want to deter him away from playing hockey as much as I can, but I don't think I can deprive him and us from a fabulous family outing!  I will just try to find another way to convince Owen that he does NOT want to play hockey.. Well his momma does not want to be a hockey momma, so this is totally selfish of me, and I know with my luck, hockey will be the only thing ever that he wants to do, and of course, if we can, then he will, but I just don't want to!!! hahhaha



After a great evening, we get home and put Owen to bed. He was totally wiped out! I had wanted to have all of us snuggle up in bed and watch the Polar Bear Express, however Owen had other plans! Sleep had called him!!! Santa arrived and left him some goodies
When he woke in the morning, (8:20am I might add) he was pretty excited when he saw everything under the tree!!! It was great to see his excitement, but I am eagerly awaiting next year, and the following years when he actually gets it. I know that there is a whole other bag of stuff that comes with it, but I am really pumped to see his excitement and innocence. It truly warms my heart!
We spent the morning at home, we sat around opening a few gifts, had bacon and eggs for breakfast, not once did we feel rushed, we went at our own pace, and even left the house at the proposed time!



We headed to Owen's Aunt and Uncle's place outside of London. Grammy was there too!  We had a great afternoon and a fabulous dinner. We just sat around and relaxed, it was wonderful! Owen loved all the attention!! We spent the night, (which was a little rough, Owen often has a tough time sleeping when he is not at home in his bed) and since he had a tough time sleeping, so did his momma..... Luckily daddy saved the night and took over and I was able to get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep! Boxing day morning and part of the afternoon was spent hanging out, playing a board game, and again relaxing. We headed home to unwind from all the relaxing we did! We are true homebodies! The following 2 days we sent Owen to daycare and were able to have some time to ourselves at home. I was able to do some chores around the house and not be interrupted, as well I could just sit on the couch (not the floor) and stare at the wall and not be interrupted. It was wonderful! I did visit with another fabulous friend and dropped off some gifts, (hm,  2 fabulous friends, Pretty lucky I must say!!!)

Saturday we had another family get together, we were fortunate that it was at our home! It was comfortable and again we sat
around relaxed, and just enjoyed each other's company. There was no expectations put on anyone, and we were who we were, and that was just great.  Then today we had a visit from yet ANOTHER fabulous friend, one which I do not see often enough, but life has it that way! And now, we are finished with a fabulous holiday season. Tomorrow we take down the tree and the decorations, and get settled in for a quiet evening while everyone is out and about! I think we might sit on the floor and play a bit, and then head to bed
early!  Sounds good huh?? I know you are jealous!
We are very fortunate to have such wonderful people in our life, some chosen and some are not and I appreciate each and everyone especially those who choose to be a part of OUR lives!
Thank you for all that you are and all that you do!
We love you all and hope you had an incredible holiday season filled with love laughter and joy!

ox


Comments

Popular Posts