It's a peanut!!

I am a few days late in posting this, but really no one is following, so it does not matter!!!!!!
This past Thursday (Jan. 13.11) was a very exciting day for us. We went for our first ultrasound. We were 8weeks and 3 days.
I had to go with a full bladder, and for some reason I always drink WAY too much, so I was extremely uncomfortable, and especially now since my bladder is being impacted!!! She was running a little behind, which typically I am very patient, and understanding, but I had a very difficult time not having evil thoughts in my mind......  I needed this to get started or I was seriously going to have an accident...
I went in on my own at first, she let me know that there was A LOT that she had to do, so if I did not mind, she would do her thing then we would talk after and she would bring Andrew in and we could see what is going on inside of me. I said that was fine, the faster the better!!!!
It was uncomfortable to say the least, as my bladder was stretched out as far as possible and now the ultrasound lady (who is GREAT!!!) is putting pressure on my belly!!  YIKES!!!!!
All that was going through my mind is that this discomfort was only temporary and in a few minutes I would have my well deserved washroom break!!!  I ran into the washroom, I don't even think my pants were done up. What serious relief!!!!   When I got back into the room we did an internal ultrasound.  Then I heard the words I was so desperately waiting to hear "Nice heartbeat" Phewie!!!!!!  What a relief!!!!!!
She asked me if I wanted to see, I told her that I would like to wait until Andrew came in.
Andrew came in and we saw our little peanut!!!!!  We even saw it's heart beating!!! YAHOOO!!!
I measured at 8w3d (Right on target!!) Crown to rump measurement was 1.8cm and heartbeat was 163/min. I asked if that was a little high, and she said no, it was perfect!!!!
How wonderful is that??!!  It was so weird seeing that, so surreal!!  Just totally blew my mind away!!!
I have another picture but it is pretty blurry, this is more clear!!!  So now we have to go back for our 12 week ultrasound or to go at 12 weeks for integrated prenatal screening, which is ultrasound and blood work. The clinic gave me some information to read regarding the screening, however I already had my mind made up. When we did get home, I did read it, and Andrew read it, we discussed, and decided that I would not go for this screening. Many reasons, but I think this is the best decision for us. So I will be calling the clinic on Monday to book our 12 week ultrasound!!!!!! I also will be calling my family Doctor on Monday as well to book an appointment with her for a check up and to let her know our news!!!!!!! What a wonderful day full of wonderful news!!!!!!  So far we have 1 healthy peanut!!!!!!!! What a blessing!!!!!!



"The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings"

Comments

Popular Posts