40 Weeks!!!!

Monday August 22, 40 weeks!   We made it!!!!!! Little man has decided that he is not ready to come out. However, the Doctor has other plans. My last 2 appointments my blood pressure was elevated and there was levels of protein in my urine. And when I went for my ultrasound, the technician said that my fluid levels were down as well, but when the Dr. got those results he never mentioned anything about that. When I saw the Dr. on Friday he told me to be at the hospital Monday morning at 8:00am and we would start the induction. Okie Dokie!!!  Little man was coming out, no matter what!!!


Sunday night, I was soo nervous, had a hard time sleeping that is for sure.... Woke up Monday Morning, both Andrew and I were awkward.  We got our stuff together and headed off to the hospital. All the while my tummy was turning.




These are my last pictures at 40 weeks!  I am soooo very thankful that I was able to make it to full term and NOT have ANY complications or issues while carrying little man.


 Today was potentially going to be the big day (or tomorrow, depending on how long it takes). We are going to meet our son, the one we have been talking to, imagining, dreaming about. We are finally going to meet him. It is crazy the emotions that you go through at this moment, knowing that your life is about to change forever, in ways that you can never imagine. I know we are ready, we have been ready for a while now, but it is still scary when you are facing it head on!
We arrive at the hospital, go up to Triage, and check in. Apparently Monday's are extremely busy, or maybe just this Monday. Luckily we got there at the right time and we got a bed!  The nurse hooked me up the the monitor and we listened to little man, AND to the other babies that were beside us in the other beds. It took a while for the Dr. to see me, he was delivering, and then had a C-Section, then there was another lady who was there before us. When he did come and check me, he decided that he would give me cervidil, (which was like a long piece of ribbon with some hormone jelly like substance on it, which he inserted up and behind/into my cervix, this is supposed to rippen my cervix and things should start rolling). He did that at 10:45ish, we had to stay there for 2 hours to be monitored to make sure my body accepted it, and that there were no neg. effects on the baby and then he told us to come back between 5-6pm because there was no point in sitting around in the hospital.  So that is what we did.
We left the hospital, went and got lunch, and went home. I ate and decided to have a bit of a nap. When I awoke, I realized I was having a wee bit of contractions. And what else I realized was that before when I felt my belly tighten up and I thought it was little man stretching and "bumming", it was actually contractions, Braxton Hicks contractions, the painless ones.




"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"

Comments

Popular Posts