National Infertility Awareness Week

Did you know that? This week April 22-28th is National Infertility Awareness week. Probably not. You can learn more here  






              As well, the Canadian Infertility Awareness week is May 20th-26th





I think the only people who know this are the ones dealing with it or have in the past. I don't often reflect on our journey we went through to have Owen, as I know we are blessed nonetheless, however, I do appreciate the fact, that yes we struggled, yes we went through treatment, months of crying, months of hormone treatments, months of being let down, months of wondering if it was ever going to be us, months of keeping secrets..... BUT it was only MONTHS! There are people out there who go through this for YEARS!  Many do it in silence as well. We did. I personally believe that you can not empathize/sympathize/ or even support someone going through this if you have not been through it yourself. So many people who think are offering words of encouragement, support, are really having the reverse effects. I for one knew that this was a battle that we had to conquer on our own and really I did not want any outside forces putting extra stress on the situation, and I do have to admit, I am glad that it happened that way.


There was a blog/website that I followed while going through treatment, and mind you, you do need to have a sense of humour to appreciate it, some could be offended, but some of the posts really made me laugh out loud, like BIG BELLY Laughing, which we all need to do, especially during stressful life events. If you want to check it out, here it is.


I am glad that we never gave up, and in the MONTHS that we went through this, there were a few times that I wanted to give up. So for real, if you are reading this, and you are dealing with infertility, seriously..... DON"T EVER GIVE UP!


This is a very useful Candian website I came across which has info on clinics, support groups, general info etc.


This is the clinic that we used, and from our own personal experience it was as great as it could be!! Again though, I am only commenting on OUR experiences. I will be ever grateful to the all of the staff that assisted and worked with us to make our dream come true.


Thank-You!




xo

Comments

Popular Posts