33 Weeks!!!!

So just about at the end of 33 weeks! It is amazing. It truly is, and I feel completely blessed and honoured to be in this situation. There is a life growing inside of me. I can't really get over it, I assume I never really will..... It sure was a struggle to get to this point, but not as much as a struggle as some and I am very thankful for that.. 


I am a very strong believer that everything happens for a reason. Maybe it is just my way to cope through the difficult times that occur in life.  As I reflect back, I am glad it took us the time to get pregnant, and even struggle to do so, as we are now ready. I am not talking financially ready, as I believe nobody ever is, I am talking about emotionally and mentally, we are ready to be parents (even though right now at times I am not emotionally stable...) There was a point in time where we had a hard enough of a time taking care of ourselves, let alone another little being. We may not have had our priorities set, or the maturity needed to be parents. I am glad it took some time, I truly am. When you decide to be a parent it truly is a serious decision, a life long commitment, that unfortunately, some people do not realize when they choose to parent.


I don't think it makes me any more special or 'ferior' than anyone else, as we all have our battles we need to fight, but I fought to have this little guy, and though we are not there 100% we are so close!   I don't know if this makes me appreciate it all more, that I had to work to make this happen, I had many many early mornings travelling to a different city to get poked and prodded, I had to pump myself full of hormones, stab my self in the belly with needles, and pick myself up every month when we failed....... I am glad I went through that, I am, it is one of the very few things in my life that I am proud of myself for doing and being able to continue on.  I love this little guy like nothing I have ever loved before.... I am very blessed that I am going to meet this little man in the next month or so....  Just melts my heart thinking of it......




"Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning"

Comments

Popular Posts