Sisterly Shout-Out!

So this Christmas season has not been a particularly good one for my sister. She has been in this battle with cancer for some years now, and right now, it has knocked her down.She has been in the hospital since Dec. 23rd. She is having some serious complications and has a massive infection in her arm. Fortunately I was able to see her a few times. I went for a visit on Christmas day to see her, and I spent the day yesterday at the hospital. I only saw her for a brief period of time, but it was worth it for me. I did spend the remainder of the time with family whom I have not seen in years.
The update today was that she has been moved out of the ICU and onto a ward, and she is doing much better. She ate today for the first time in a few days. She truly is a fighter. One of the strongest women I know...


When someone is sick, it is so easy to get stuck on the blaming, 'the Dr.'s screwed her over' 'it was this Dr.'s fault that it was not caught sooner'  'The Dr.'s don't care' and it goes on and on. I totally realize this is also a coping technique to try to find blame, to try to find someone to be pissed about, but really with all that damned negativity, it does nobody any good, especially the person who is suffering. I look at it this way, my sister is sick, she truly is,  she knows it is only a matter of time, could be months could be years,  at this point of the journey, it does not matter how she got here, it only matters what she does now, and continues to do.  I am extremely concerned for her and her health, but all I can do is to have positive thoughts, and be uplifting when I am around her. She needs to hear it, she needs to feel it!  By this I am not saying that I am unrealistically optimistic, I know the reality of her situation, and so does she, but having negativity surround her, not heathy at all....
(that is just my little rant!!)


Life is one day at a time. People need to live it one day at a time, as you never know when your time is up. All I know is for her, getting better one day at a time is all that matters, even if it is only a tiny bit better......... Keep fighting my strong courageous sister. 
                                                         I love you........ xoxox



"Promise me you will always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"

Comments

Popular Posts