Today was the day!!

So today was the day!! I had my IUI this morning at 8:00am.
We woke up 5:20am, and left by 6:10am. We had to be there 7:00am.
Andrew was a little weird.. I knew he would be, I even called him on it when we were in the truck on our way. We arrived at the clinic, he produced, and we had to wait 45 min. During the 45 min, they 'wash' the sperm, take the bad guys out and leave the good ones in!  (I think they even give them a little red-bull!)  We left during that time and drove around. Almost hit a man at the walmart parking lot. I was reversing, I looked behind me, and in my mirrors like I always do I saw no one, and decided to begin to reverse. All of a sudden I heard a bang, and this older man banged onto the back of the truck with his hand. I stopped immediately, waved at him, acknowledged I made a mistake.  I am not blaming, as ultimately it is the "driver's" fault, but I am just not too sure why you would be walking behind a TRUCK when the reverse lights are on? But anyways, a little scary...    We just drove around waiting for time to pass..
We arrived back at the clinic at 8:00 and I had the procedure done!  Andrew's numbers were FANTASTIC!!  Yup, even told him that. He then later that morning asked "what were those numbers again?"  hahahahaha  he is too cute!!!!
We have to go back in tomorrow for another one. I am ovulating today, so they get in before ovulation and then right after...... Just to sandwich it.. And then, I wait 12 days (and use progesterone suppositories). I will have to go back on Dec. 14th for blood work (pregnancy test). Ahhh let the waiting begin!!   What a great Christmas gift this potentially could be. Fingers and toes are crossed. 




"Kiss your life. Accept it, just as it is. Today. Now. So that those moments of happiness you're waiting for don't pass you by"

Comments

Popular Posts