And so the journey begins....

This is where it all begins....  The next chapter in life.....


So my family Doctor sent me for some tests. typical blood work, ultrasound (normal and internal) and then the best test of all......... Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)  "dye test".......
This is where they inject a 'dye' into the uterus (via a catheter) to have the dye run through your uterus and fallopian tubes to check for blockages, polyps, other issues..   It feels as fantastic as it sounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really.....  This was the most uncomfortable test I had ever been through.... Yikes!  But I survived!!!
I had to go for blood work as well on certain days of my cycle. The purpose of this was to see if I ovulate (hormone levels in blood)... 
It was about 2 months for me to complete the tests (as I had to wait until I had a menstrual cycle, and it decided to take some time to appear)....
Once the initial testing was completed, I went back to my Doctor..  She let me know that all of the tests came back fine.....  She did mention that she thought that I had PCOS, and said that she would like to send me to a fertility Doctor who could help me out.
I received a call with in 3 weeks for my initial appointment (April). Hubby came with me. We were totally nervous, and did not know what to expect. When we walked in, it was a fairly large waiting area, there were many many people waiting. We had some paper work to complete, then we sat, and felt pretty awkward..
It was our time. We met with a nurse who gathered all of our information and let me tell you, this is not information that you typically share with the general public, so now, if you know us, picture this, we are sitting in a small rom with a total stranger discussing our "personal" Personals.......   Yup, awkward... But we just end up putting the humour into it!
After we saw the nurse we went in to see the Doctor. He was nice. Pretty great actually.
I was honestly expecting him to come right out and say.... "if you want to have a baby, you need to lose a substantial amount of weight"   However he did not say that. He talked to us about PCOS, and how I have it, and even mentioned how "thin" up top I was, {Like really, no need to state the obvious!!}  He did say that it is beneficial that I lose some weight, but did not put the full focus on it. So, he gave me a few prescriptions one to start my period, one to take every day to help with balancing my insulin, and prenatal vitamins.
I was to call the clinic on day 1 of my next cycle and then have the cycle monitored with blood work and ultrasounds.  Husband had a job to do as well.... He had to provide a sample to make sure his 'guys' were ok.
I decided not to take the pills to induce my cycle, I just waited until it arrived.  I did not end up going back to the clinic until July, as May and June did not work out as I was away some of the time (work trip, vacation, etc). So we decided to begin the next part of the journey in July........










"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Comments

Popular Posts