August (month 2)

So where are we..... Oh ya, We had a follow up appointment with the doctor to find out the results of hubby's test and to discuss our options.. Let me tell you, what a very very stressful morning... Somebody apparently did not wake up on the right side of the bed (and it was not me!!)  The ugly monster was out...  I knew what it was, but I did not call him on it at all. He was going to find out today if there was anything wrong with him....  What a shot on your manhood......  Anyways, we get to the clinic and meet with the Doctor.   Low and behold...........  All is good in the male department!! YAHOO!!!!  So really we are just dealing with my issues....  What fantastic news!!!!! Seriously, you don't get it until you are going through it! So we talked about our options and decided that we would try 3 rounds of clomid (pill) and timed "personal time" well really, timed intercourse! (T.I. for short)  After 3 tries if no luck, we will review and discuss options. Dr. started me on 100mg. Since the day I was at the clinic was day 5 of my cycle, I had to wait for a bit and get ultrasound and blood work, however, I had to drink so much water. Sat there in the office pounding back cup after cup of water. I sent my hubby out so he did not have to sit around and wait, he went over to Square One. So 1.5 hour later, I had my ultrasound done and bought my drugs and left.
So I was to take 100mg of clomid days 5-9 of my cycle. I was to return on day 12 for blood work and ultrasound.
I made the decision that I was not going to go to the Mississauga clinic anymore, it was too far. Luckily there is a clinic in Burlington, it takes 35 min to get there, much better than driving on the 401.....
So for the month of August I went to Burlington 6 times had 5 ultrasounds and did 5 rounds of blood work. I think switching to the Burlington clinic was such the right decision. It is much smaller, much more personal, which I think is so important as this is such a personal issue......
So with the monitoring, I went in on day 12, 15, 18, 21,23. On day 21 when I went in, I had a Large follicle 2.4cm. (they will give you a shot once it is about 2.1 to induce ovulation) the nurse said that we had to wait for my blood work to come back to see if I am going to naturally ovulate on my own, and if it shows that I am not close, then I have to go back in the afternoon and get the "trigger"shot. (HCG) Human Chrorionic Gonadotropin (This will induce ovulation).   So later that day I had to go back to Burlington.


The nurse was going to give me the needle. It was going to be in my belly. I was SOOO Scared...... She pulled it out, and I thought I was going to pass out, and I even said "Oh, shit!" She said not to worry (this NEEDLE was SO BIG!!) this was not the needle she was going to use, that was just to mix the medicine. (And I apologized for swearing)   Phewie....  But I was still scared.....     I had to grab some of my belly under my belly button (I sure did not have a problem with that!!) and she put the needle in. AHHHHHHH!!  I really don't like needles, but luckily it is not a Huge fear of mine..... So I will be honest here, Seriously... I did not feel a thing. However afterward I did have a reaction to it (which is quite common) where the injection was given the skin was swollen, red and HOT to the touch and very very itchy...... Nothing to worry about though.. I was sent home and told to come back in on day 23 (2 days) to confirm ovulation. Went back in for ultrasound and blood work, ovulation confirmed. Come back in 2 weeks for blood work if menstrual cycle does not begin. And if it does begin, call the clinic to start next cycle.
Let me tell you about waiting for 2 weeks to find out if you are pregnant, and now let me tell you about waiting for two weeks to find out if you are pregnant or not, but feeling some pregnancy symptoms. The HCG trigger shot fills your body with pregnancy symptoms. And if you do a pregnancy test while it is still in your system, the test will read positive.     The wait was horrible, trying so hard in your mind not to get all worked up and excited only for a let down......
Well.....Two weeks later the exact day, Cycle #2 started.............................




"Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them"

Comments

Popular Posts