July (month 1)

So the month of July started off fantastically!!!
I showed up to the clinic on my cycle day 3 and had my first round of blood work and ultrasound (With a full bladder)  Yikes, that was a wee bit painful. The clinic where I started going to is in Mississauga right across the road from Square One. So needless to say it is not around the corner, on a good day I can get there in 40 min. but typically the days are not too good. Wow, such early mornings. I think I was up before 5, and then I was on the road before 6am.



The only good thing about leaving so early is the beautiful sight of the day beginning. I think sunrises are much more beautiful than sunsets. Above are a few photos I took while I was driving (I know, I know a big no-no) but I could not miss this opportunity.
So the next time I had to go to the clinic was 8 days later. This was a Friday. I remember it so clearly, because we were going away on a family trip to Buffalo that day.  We ended up fibbing, saying that we could not arrive at my mother-inlaws place until about noon or so, because I had a "work" meeting. This appointment, I had routine blood work and ultrasound. Hubby had to attend with me as he had his own "appointment".  I felt horrible for him. So much pressure, but luckily they have "rooms" for this sort of thing, still I really felt for him...... He had to give a sample to check his fertility health..
We arrived at my mother in laws a wee bit earlier than expected....  "Ya, my meeting got cancelled so we decided just to come here right away"......   Man I really do not like fibbing.... I am such an honest person, fibbing eats me away.....
So in the month of July, I drove to Mississauga 10 times first thing bright and early in the morning (All blood work and ultrasounds are done first thing in the am). I had a total of 10 ultrasounds, and 10 vials of blood taken (that does not include the first appointment when I had about 8 vials taken).
Wow........... This month alone I put so many km's on the car. At the end of the month we ended up getting a new truck (which I am so thankful for as I honestly did not think that the green car would be able to get me back and forth to all these darned appointments!!!!!)  Here he is:

So the month of July was just my monitored cycle, to find out what my body actually does..
Here were the findings......  My cycle was LONG  31 days...         Good News!!!!  I DID ovulate on my own, however, it was really late about day 20-21 (the average a woman ovulates is day 14),   {no wonder then all of our "trying" never worked, we were a week too early in trying!!!} and my hormone levels were all fine.   
I had a follow up appointment with the Doctor the following week to discuss options..... 





"Laugh as much as you breath and love as long as you live"

Comments

Popular Posts