Is Hope Enough??

Everyone of us is on a journey of some type.  Whether it's a  journey to happiness, a journey to wealth, a journey to health, you know what I mean.   I honestly do believe, that whatever journey you are on, you CAN achieve the positive outcome!



We often hope for things, "I hope that I can lose those 10 lbs"  "I hope I get that promotion at work"
"I hope, I hope, I hope........"   There is nothing wrong at all with hoping, but I think hoping is not enough.

Definitions of Hope:  "The general feeling that some desire will be fulfilled"
                                       "To wish for something"
                                       "To have confidence"
                                       "A thing, situation, or event that is desired"


All of these definitions mean the same just in different words.  Each one of them mean to want, wish, to feel, to think........
It is great to want something, to think about it, to wish for it...  But what is missing here, is the actual
belief that 1. it will happen  2. that you deserve it to happen.


Many people will only associate the word faith with religion. However, this is what is missing in most people is the faith that good will happen.  The actual BELIEF that it will happen, not just the "want" of happening.
Definitions of Faith:  "Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness 
                                        of a person, idea, or thing"
                                    "Strong or unshakeable belief in something, especially
                                         without proof or evidence"
                                  "Any set of firmly held principles or beliefs"
                                  "An institution to express belief in a divine power"


I believe it is easier to have faith in a religious sense (to believe in the unseen) than to have faith in yourself. I am in no way stating to replace religion/religious beliefs with yourself. I am simply stating that   my personal experience and my belief is, it is easier to have religious faith, than to have faith in yourself.

We often want (Hope for) things, and get so upset when we don't attain them (whether it be monetary, health, wellness, relationship, love, etc). We hope hope HOPE for these things, but I wonder how often we believe that these are attainable, or we believe that we actually deserve it.

I have faith in God.....

I just struggle having faith in myself................

Personally, for me, it is a struggle at times. There are things in life that I WANT (Hope for) SOOOO Badly, but deep down, for whatever reason, I believe that I am not worthy enough, not good enough, and that I do not deserve the happiness. I am not too sure where this comes from, and I am totally aware of these very poison thoughts. It is a constant battle within my mind to change my thinking and actually believe that it will happen and that I do deserve it.






"Whether you believe you can, or whether you believe you can't, you're absolutely right"





 definitions were taken from: www.thefreedictionary.com

Comments

Popular Posts